Monday, October 22, 2007

Champaign

I was gone on Saturday to Stratford, ON, so I missed the Michigan game. However, I managed to avoid hearing about the game (thanks to the fact that I was in Canada, I suppose) and I watched it last night at eight. I'm not sure whether it was the fact that I fast forwarded through all the commercials and pretty much all of the commentary between plays or it was just an exciting game, but it was exhilarating. I was nervous, but it was just a fun game to watch.

I don't have much time to write about the game or do any research because I have to read Measure for Measure, finish German classwork and finish writing an essay on The Canterbury Tales, but I do have some impressions.

- It was a great game, pure and simple and one of the most fun to watch all year.

-I thought that Michigan really opened up the offense on Saturday night, something I've wanted them to do all year. The end around to Arrington, who passed it to a wide open Manningham in the end zone was the sort of thing I'd been waiting to see for a long time. But it wasn't just one trick play, it was the fact that DeBord actually spread the offense with a variety of passes and formations and utilized the run well.


-Carlos Brown had a great game. 25 carries for 113 yards and a touchdown.

-How many fumbled snaps has it been this year?

-Mallett wasn't great, but I thought he did a good job of moving around in the pocket and avoiding the Illinois pass rush. His run for the first down and the toss to Brown really showed poise and thinking on his feet.

-While the interception he threw early was bad, Henne completely redeemed himself. It was an amazing performance from a hurt player and showed his leadership ability. What a badass. 18 of 26 for 201 yards only playing about half the game. Hart has carried this team all year, and Henne really stepped up when he was needed.

Lastly... holy shit did Illinois fuck that game up. Bone headed penalties, the muffed punt, and the revolving door at the quarterback position were just horrible. Zook can't coach for shit. Ten penalties for 107?! Come on. And Vontae Davis... he should be driven out of the Illinois. Wow did he have an awful game. Every the Illini made some stupid mistake, the camera was on him.

Kudronia
MGoBlog
Michigan Sports Center
The M Zone
Snyder

Disclaimer: Image taken from The Detroit Free Press.

No comments: