Sunday, October 19, 2008

Colin Powell

I want to take a quick break from Halloween-themed posts and talk a bit of politics.

I can feel a rant coming, but I'm going to hold off on it, mostly because I don't have the time to write it considering I should be writing a paper on the Enlightenment or a German essay, but I think this is important.

I really believe that the only chance that this country remains what it was meant to be by our Founding Fathers is to stop this neoconservative movement that gained so much power during the Bush administration. I could go on and on about Guantanamo Bay, The Patriot Act, The Second Iraq War, and the hundreds of other horrible mistakes that administration made, but the most important part would be lost. Their ideology is unconstitutional and full of hate. If one thing can be gained by the American experience, it should be, that an individual has the right to do whatever he or she wishes as long as he or she is not infringing upon someone else's rights.

That's why I don't dislike John McCain. I don't agree with most of his policies, but I don't dislike him and that's why I like Colin Powell. If there were more Republicans like him, and probably more Democrats like him, this country would be in good shape.

Today, Colin Powell endorsed Barrack Obama. It's a huge victory for him, even though he already had a very commanding lead in the polls. I really believe that it will help quell fears of his inexperience, especially on the Iraq War front.

Lastly, Kyle showed me a very interest site for polling statistics. They also have some nice articles.

No comments: