Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mittens

Once again, a post about my map obsession and once again a link to Strange Maps. This time we have an interesting post about BSD's home state, complete with a little German lesson at the bottom. How could I resist? The only problem with the post, is that the handmap is so obviously wrong. The thumb is jutting way too far east, doing who knows what to Ontario.


But, it is actually quite a good way to show Michigan geography and while I have never actually used it to point out my hometown, I have explained the locations of other places on my hand. I have a feeling I'll wind up using it more if I ever leave.

I just hope that this post doesn't trigger a five minute ramble from Stef about the little man with the hat that I always seem to get whenever I try to bring up American geography to her.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I use the hand map ALL the time. Also, that picture is weird because they could have just turned the thumb upwards and it'd be a lot more accurate. I think MI is easier to represent if you don't have a hitchhiker's thumb as well.

Matt said...

I think we should take our own picture.