Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Please expect a string of Halloween posts in the near future. I can make this promise because last Saturday night I was lucky enough to see The Creature From the Black Lagoon (in 3d). In order to even more so reassure this fact, Matt and Wynston were both there, and I could never ask for better muses of absurdity.

Tonight, however, I will celebrate Halloween in my own way by reading Ray Bradbury’s classic short story The Homecoming. It is amazing. I shit you not. This book smells like pumpkins, tastes like taffy, and from the first bite you can feel the razor blade in it. I'll also be listening to The Misfits. I recommend this exercise to anyone out there who feels to old to trick or treat, or just too far away from home for anything to feel right.
Halloween isn't like your birthday, it isn't depressing if you don;t do anything on Halloween, but it should be. Halloween is about getting into trouble, about stirring it up and bubbling over, and if there is any bit of little kid left in you, if you're anything like the fine people here at BSD, you can respect where I am coming from.
Happy Halloween readers and ghouls.

In the spirit of Halloween I’m dropping here a little treat from the one and only Tracy Morgan: Werewolf Bar Mitzvah


CL, spook

No comments: