Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thundercats

Today I have two odd and unrelated Thundercats topics to bring up. The first, and possibly the most awesome discovery in the history of the universe, is that James Lipton, host of BSD favorite Inside the Actor's Studio, wrote the theme song for Thundercats. Credit goes to Stef, and I believe Cracked, for discovering this. I had no idea that the Detroit native could get any cooler, but he just did.



Secondly, a while back we were watching the first episode of the series, which had some horrible inconsistencies (like why Lion-O aged so much more than WilyKit or WilyKat after they go into stasis), but the thing that bugged me most was why they are all naked (except for belts) at the beginning of the episode, but after they come out of the cold freeze they decide to put clothing on. Is it supposed to be some type of armor?

While the skin-tight jumpsuit isn't bad at all, I'd prefer seeing Cheetara slink around in the nude for 130 episodes*.


*I've only seen one episode of the show in the past fifteen years and don't plan on making it two anytime soon.

2 comments:

Caleb said...

I used to have some great screen captures of Cheetara from the show but I think I lost them when my hard drive broke. If I ever find them again I'll be sure to show you Matt. We can put our grubby fingers all over them and breath very heavy.

Caleb said...

To think again, B. Eli had them.